Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!

I have had a wonderful first Valentine's day as a librarian! I got a Valentine Gram from a student, some lil valentines from other students and lots and lots of happy wishes.

With first grade, I did not have any more Valentine books left to read aloud to them. So, I went to one of my very favorite sites... http://www.storylineonline.net/ and let them listen to a wonderfully well read book.

I chose the book, Somebody Loves You, Mr. Hatch.

This story is so sweet and really shows children how having compassion for others can make a world of difference.

Mr. Hatch is a drab, predictable gentleman who leads a painfully ordered and uninteresting life. One Valentine's Day a giant candy heart is delivered to Mr. Hatch with a note that reads... Somebody Loves You. If you have not heard this story, you will love listening to actor Hector Elizondo (Pretty Woman, Last Man Standing, Grey's Anatomy, etc..) read it.
http://www.storylineonline.net/



I'll end today with a funny (remember I am in an elementary library!!) lil joke:  
What did the librarian give the kid with overdue books on February 14? A valen-fine!

No comments:

Post a Comment