Monday, January 9, 2012

Battle of the Books

Today we are starting the Battle of the Books competition at our school, and really in our district. I believe there are 4 elementary schools participating. I am excited, though I do not feel ready to begin! Being the person who started this, I feel like I need some more planning time but we really cannot waste more time. So, I had some plans to get started introducing it today, and then that class didn't show up. Can you say BUMMER!! So you would think I would have taken more time to get ready, but nooooo I didn't.

Our plan though is to have our competitions at the school level on the Friday that begins Spring Break. Then the district wide competition will be May 4th.

I don't think anyone reads these posts, but if you are reading it.. and you have ANY experience with Battle of the Books (BOB as we shall call it!)... please share your thoughts and ideas.. good or bad!!

I am off to read more of the second book in the Hunger Games series, Catching Fire. I have read 10 chapters. I completely and totally sucked right in :)

No comments:

Post a Comment